Uncategorized

Milagro Position Update

Today is Wednesday, 16June21, and all is well here. We can even stop grousing about the heat and humidity – for now. Not that there isn’t plenty of both. It’s just that we did make the move to San Carlos and are now plugged in to shore power at Marina Real. With the A/C now running full blast we can hide from the nasty ole heat and humidity. Our passage was the usual mixed bag of conditions. The first 12 hours was a brilliant sail on smooth water. However, the wind then went away and the sea turned itself into washing machine type waters: choppy and confused. The wind never did return in any usable fashion though the seas did finally settle about 6 hours later, with the dawn. Milagro is settled at 27 56.751’N, 111 05.546’W. When we landed the OAT was 89F(it’s 95F as I write this), the pool 85F and the humidity 71%. Wind SSE@9. We will putz around here for a week, or so, as we do a few chores and make Milagro ready to be left alone for a few months. We have good wifi and cell coverage so maybe (just, maybe) I will get around to adding some photos to the recent posts on the blog site (www.milagro42.com). Thanks for coming along with us during this very much shortened cruising season.

Marina Real at San Carlos

Categories: Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Milago Update

Today is Tuesday, 15 June, 2012 and we are currently still at Isla Coronados however, we are fixin to get ready to get underway for San Carlos. We will be on our way within the next hour, or so, and our next report should cover our passage and landing there tomorrow morning. Hasta entonces.

Categories: Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Milagro Postion Update

It is Saturday, the 12th of June, 2021 and all is well here. We started early this morning (0525) and did a bit of moving about today; from Candeleros to Loreto where we went to shore for some provisioning, then on to Isla Coronados. At 1515MDT, our anchor was finally set in the NW anchorage of Coronados at 26 06′.658N, 111 17′.173W in 32′ over sand. The OAT is 90F, the pool is 82F and there’s a breeze from the South running 3 to 5 knts. We will remain here until leaving to cross over to San Carlos. We’re closely watching the wind and sea state for the best time to do that and the forecast for several days has looked good for Tuesday 6/15. For many reasons it has been a short season this year but some air conditioning is really sounding good to us just now. More to follow.

Categories: Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Milagro Position Update

It is Tuesday, June 8, 2021 and everything is fine here. We moved almost 15 miles south today to Bahia Candeleros. We are parked in front of the Villa Del Palmar resort so I imagine Judy may have a “resort day” planned for our near future. We are set at 25 43′.395N, 111 14′.298W in 23′ over sand. The OAT is 90F and the pool 81F. The water is clear enough that we can see our anchor lying on the bottom. A 6kt breeze from the NE is helping to mitigate the 90 temp but all the cabin fans are running at max speed as well. Still, I think there’ll be some splashing around before much longer. Unless something comes along to change our minds, I reckon we will be here the remainder of this week. We are considering several options for the coming weekend and will let you know.

Categories: Uncategorized | 2 Comments

Milagro Position Update

Today is Sunday, 6/6/21, and things here are OK. It has become HOT but otherwise OK. I’m a day behind as yesterday we moved from V-Cove to Pt. Nopolo. By Friday afternoon the bee activity in V-Cove had progressed from annoying to almost overwhelming so Saturday morning we bailed out. Conditions for several days have been almost zero wind with glassy, flat water so any moving about is a motorboat ride and that describes our passage yesterday. At 1158MDT our anchor was set once again in front of the Hotel at Loreto Bay at 25 55′.483N, 111 20′.758W in 25′ over a bottom of sand & mud. We are a bit further off shore than normal for us here because there were several other boats already here and parked on “our” spots. And, summer has clearly arrived to this neighborhood. The OAT was 89F and we saw 94F before the day was over. The pool was 82F but reached 84F in the afternoon. The steady drone of air conditioning is beginning to sound pretty appealing. Current thinking is to move tomorrow (Monday) down to Bahia Candeleros as the cell and wifi coverage here has become painfully slow for some reason – normally it is quite good. We will let you know.

Categories: Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Milagro Position Upate

Today is Thursday, 6/3/21 and all is well here. After a couple of days enjoying the amazing geology of Pto. La Lancha we moved less than 2 miles east to El Refugio, AKA V-Cove. It’s only large enough for one vessel and exhibits more of the impressive scenery seen at L Lancha, including several sea caves. We actually made 2 trips. After finding V-Cove already occupied we returned to La Lancho only to observe the V-Cove boat pass by just a few minutes later. We wasted no time getting the anchor up again and racing back before anyone else slipped in. And…we made it. So, at 1011hrs MDT, our anchor was finally set in V-Cove at 26 03′.509N, 111 05′.059W in 30′ over sand/gravel. The OAT is 84F, the pool is 78F and there is 6kts of breeze from the NE. If the bees here are not too much trouble we will stay a couple of days. If they’re obnoxious then we will move again tomorrow.

Categories: Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Milagro Position Update

Here it is June already! How did that happen? Still, all is well here on Milagro. We have been staying put for a while now but today pried the anchor off the bottom and changed the scenery. Mill pond flat seas and winds <5kts meant we didnt sail but whadya do? We’ve landed on the north side of Isla Carmen at a spot we have never visited before. Our anchor is set in Puerto La Lancha at 26 03′.229N, 111 06′.197W in 22′ over sand. The OAT is 87F, the pool 79F and a SE breeze is running 6-9kts. Isla Carmen is notorious for their bee population with some anchorages being overrun by them. So far, they have made themselves known but haven’t been too bad. Fingers crossed that doesn’t change. What’s next? Don’t know, but we probably won’t stay here long. Stay tuned and we’ll let you know.

Categories: Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Milagro Postition Report

Today is 5/22/21 and all is well here. Today we moved north to join a group of friends at Isla Coronados, just north of Loreto. At 1541 our anchor was set in the NW anchorage of Isla Coronados at 26 06.651’N, 111 17.154’W in 28′ over sand. The OAT is 81F, the pool is 78F and there is a NW breeze running 6-8kts and bringing with it some NW swell into the anchorage. We will hang with our friends for the next several days and, at this writing, do not know when or where we will leave here for someplace else. We will keep you posted.

Categories: Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Milagro Postition Report

Today is Friday, 3/21/21 and everything here is fine. We moved a little bit further north this morning, landing in front of the Villa Del Palmar resort at Los Candeleros. L&V winds and flat seas gave us an uneventful motor passage. We are at 25 43.403’N, 111 14.198’W in 16′ over sand. The OAT is 81F, it’s 76F in the pool and there are 4kts of breeze from the NW. This stop puts us in the “greater Loreto area” which is where we will cruise until crossing back to San Carlos late in June. For now we have wifi internet from the resort as well as strong LTE cell signal so we’ll prolly be glued to our devices for a while as we catch up on the backlog of email, etc. Tomorrow we will move again to join up with more friends who are in a nearby anchorage. Of course, we will keep you posted.

Categories: Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Milagro Position Report

It’s already Thursday, May 20,2021 and we’re doing fine here on the Milagro. Our week of buddy boating with friends has been a lot of fun but it has ended-far too soon. Today they began heading back towards La Paz to turn in their chartered boat on Saturday morning while we continued north toward the greater Loreto area. 15-17knot southerly winds early allowed us to sail dead downwind for much of the day. As we left the San Jose channel the wind fanned out, its strength decreasing as it did so, until we eventually had to turn to motoring. Our intended destination was Los Gatos but a low pass there confirmed that the south winds were causing enough swell right into the anchorage that we would have had a very uncomfortable night. Soooo…, keep on trucking we did. At 1818MDT our anchor was set off the middle beach at Bahia Agua Verde in 26′ over sand/gravel at 25 30.968’N, 111 03.989’W. The OAT is 87F (not liking THAT very much) and it’s 76F in the pool. Mountains here protect from southerly winds so it’s basically calm now. Tomorrow we will continue north and will advise where we decide to pitch our tent once we land. Hasta manana, y’all.

Categories: Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Blog at WordPress.com.